Why Is a Personal Code of Ethics Important?
A personal code of ethics helps us to live by values that we believe in and that are important to us. It can also help make decisions based on our conscience, rather than based on what we think will please others.
Here are some tips for creating a personal code of ethics:
- Consider what values are important to you.
- Think about what actions you would be comfortable with your fellow humans knowing you have taken.
- Come up with a list of things you would never do, even if they were in the best interest of someone else.
- Make sure your code of ethics is specific to your own values and beliefs, and does not impose on the rights of others.
- Review your code of ethics periodically to ensure it is still relevant to you and your values.