What is a Procedure?
A procedure is a set of steps to achieve a desired outcome. Procedures can be written down, or they can be performed manually. They can be simple or complex, and they can be used in a wide variety of settings.
An example of a simple procedure is the procedure for making a cup of coffee.
- You need to fill the coffee maker with water.
- You need to insert the appropriate pod into the machine.
- You need to hit the button to start the machine.
- You need to wait for the coffee to start brewing.
More complex procedures can involve a lot more steps. For example, the procedure for filling out a job application can involve:
- Writing your name, address, and contact information on the form.
- Filling out all the required fields.
- Submitting the form.
Procedures can be used in various settings. They can be used to achieve specific goals, such as filling out a job application or making a cup of coffee. They can also be used to ensure that a process is followed correctly. For example, the procedure for filling out a job application may ensure that all the required fields are filled out correctly.