Memorial Day Jokes for Kids
Memorial Day is a time to remember the brave men and women who lost their lives in service to our country. However, it doesn’t always have to be a somber occasion. Laughter is good for the soul, and there are plenty of Memorial Day jokes that are perfect for kids. Here are some jokes that will tickle their funny bone and help them think about the holiday in a positive light.
- Why do we celebrate Memorial Day?
Because it’s the one day a year we can BBQ without feeling guilty!
- How do soldiers greet each other?
With a handshake!
- Why did the soldier bring a ladder to the parade?
To reach new heights!
- What’s the difference between a soldier and a pirate?
One says “aye” and the other says “aye aye”!
- Why did the soldier sleep under a tank?
Because he wanted to be a tank-teddy bear!
- Why did the sailor join the navy?
Because he wanted to see the sea!
- What do you get when you cross a soldier and a skunk?
An odoriferous combatant!
- Why did the soldier wear a striped shirt?
Because he wanted to blend in with his platoon!
- Why did the soldier take his bed to war?
So he could have a comfortable bunk!
- What did the soldier say to his sergeant when he found out they were going on a training exercise?
“Sir, I thought you said we were going to an ice cream social!”
These are just a few Memorial Day jokes that are sure to make kids laugh. They may not be the most sophisticated jokes, but they are perfect for kids who are just learning about the holiday. So the next time you’re having a BBQ or attending a parade with your kids, don’t be afraid to crack a few jokes!