21 Interview Questions That Will Help You Find Employees for Your Edtech Company
Finding effective employees is not an easy thing to do, especially in the face-paced world of edtech. Edtech is a dog eat dog world, with most companies going belly up within the first three years of operation. Because of this, resources at edtech starts are incredibly lean, and so hiring the right pieces to the company puzzle is extremely important. Getting it wrong, can cost time and money, or worst case scenario, doom the company to bankruptcy.
If you are edtech company executive in charge of leading the search for a new employee, how can you be sure that you are hiring the right person, every time, without fail? The key is asking the right questions during the interview process. Let’s look at 21 interview questions that will help you find a quality employee for your edtech company.
Interview questions that will help to get to know them personally
- What is something that you are learning right now?
- Tell me a joke that demonstrates the brand of humor that you like.
- Would you like to be good at a lot of things or an expert at only one?
- Do you have a superpower? If so, what is it?
- What gets you excited about the future?
- Would you rather seek permission first or ask for forgiveness later?
- What attracted you to our edtech company?
Questions that will help you to get to know them professionally
- What are some of your favorite edtech apps?
- If you were building an edtech product, what would you create?
- If you had the authority to create your own job here at our company, what would it be?
- Would you rather work on tasks alone or collaboratively?
- If you were to open your own tech company in the future, what would it be?
- Describe a situation when a higher up asked you to do something that went against your moral principles. How did you handle the situation?
- What would your former supervisor say is your greatest strength? Areas that you need to improve in?
Do they know your company? Are they a good fit?
- What questions would you like to ask about our company?
- What would discourage you from taking a position with our company?
- What was the culture in your last position? Would did you like or didn’t like?
Do they know they know the edtech industry?
- Based on your knowledge of the edtech sector, who are our biggest competitors?
- What interests you in the edtech sector?
- Where do you see the edtech industry going in the next five years?
- Imagine that I am not convinced that you are the right fit for this position. Tell me why I should change my mind.
Well, that’s it for my list. Let me know how it goes.