Words That Can Make You Sound Smarter
Want to sound smarter when you talk? Add the words below to your vocabulary, and you will.
Words to Add to Your Vocabulary
- Accolade: a mark of acknowledgment, an honor.
- Acquiesce: to go along without protest, even if you don’t r want to.
- Bamboozle: disguise one’s true motives; to cheat or deceive another person.
- Camaraderie: trust between friends; a spirit of familiarity.
- Conundrum: a complex problem.
- Idyllic: peaceful, happy, pleasing.
- Impeccable: faultless or without defect; incapable of wrongdoing.
- Perfunctory: something is done without much care or attention.
- Ruminate: to think about something thoroughly and in great detail.
- Tempestuous: identified by explosive conditions.
- Tenuous: very weak or slight and likely to change.
- Vacillate: to go back and forth between two points, waver between different opinions, or be indecisive.
- Vitriolic: harsh or corrosive in tone.
- Wheelhouse: a metaphor for an individual’s area of comfort or expertise.
- Zealous: displaying or feeling energetic support for a person, cause, etc.