Nightmares in Kids: 6 Steps to Stop Scary Dreams
Kids have nightmares all the time. Whether they’re due to anxiety, stress, or something more serious, understanding how to stop scary dreams and get back to normal sleep is important. Here are six steps to help:
1. Talk to your doctor or therapist about your dreams. They may be able to help you figure out why you dream these particular dreams and whether they’re more common or not.
2. Get a sleep diary. This is a place where you list all the dreams you have and track how many times each one occurs. This will help you understand why you dream and how to prevent them in the future.
3. TV watching is not the answer to all nightmares. If you’re having nightmares because you’re feeling overwhelmed or scared, try to watch a calming movie or read a book before bed.
4. Take a hot bath or shower before bed. This will help to relax you and clear your mind.
5. Make sure you’re eating a balanced and healthy diet before bed. This will help to regulate your sleep and help you get a good night’s sleep.
6. Get a good night’s sleep. Make sure you’re following these tips and you’ll be okay in the morning.