How to Implement the Anything Goes Teaching Strategy in Your Classroom
Pointing to a word on a list or word wall, the instructor asks learners rapid-fire questions about the terms.
- Review word meanings
This quick review of words moves learners from hesitation to rapid use. The instructor presents learners with a list of words (board, overhead, or word wall). The instructor or learner points to a word and asks a learner one of the following questions:
- What part of speech is____?
- What is the definition of _____?
- Give a synonym and antonym for _____.
- Spell _____.
- Use ______ in a sentence.
- Use____and______in a complete sentence.
- What relationship do____and____share?
- Find two terms that are related to _____.
If a learner answers incorrectly, They must be allowed to ask a classmate for help. Continue randomly pointing to a word and asking one of the above questions. Utilizing a rapid-fire pace, instructors can review a long vocabulary list in five or six minutes.