How to Implement Poster Presentations in Your Classroom
Spread the love
A poster presentation is an effective way to demonstrate knowledge and skills at the end of a lesson or unit. Provide learners with posters, pens, and printing materials if required.
- A fast, effective way of presenting a new idea, skill, or concept to the class.
- Allows learners to practice skills.
- Culminates with a physical product that can be photographed and added to the learner’s portfolio to prove that learning outcomes have been met.
- Can be a haphazard way of teaching. Make sure the focus stays on the content and not coloring-in or drawing pretty pictures.
- Not useful for every lesson; when learners can create a working model or diagram, that would be preferred.
- Have learners work in groups to visually demonstrate lesson mastery.
- Then, have each group present their poster to the class.