Gamification To Improve Engagement: Top 6 Methods
Gamification is a technique that can be used to improve engagement with a user. To date, there are numerous methods that can be used to achieve this. In this article, we will outline six of the most common methods.
1. Awarding Points: One of the most common methods of gamification is awarding points to the user for completing certain tasks or goals. This can be done in a number of ways, including awarding points for completing surveys, watching videos, or reading articles.
2. Incentivizing Users: Another common method of gamification is incentivizing the user with rewards for completing tasks or goals. This can be done in the form of monetary rewards, gift cards, or other prizes.
3. Requiring Levels of Skill: Another common method of gamification is requiring the user to achieve certain levels of skill before receiving rewards. This can be done by awarding points for completing challenges, or by granting access to different features or levels of functionality after a certain number of points have been earned.
4. Encouraging Social Interaction: Another common method of gamification is encouraging social interaction among the user and other players. This can be done by awarding points for sharing content or participating in conversations, or by granting additional privileges to users who interact with others frequently.
5. Adding a Sense of Urgency: One of the most effective methods of gamifying a task is adding a sense of urgency. This can be done by limiting the time remaining until the task is complete, or by increasing the difficulty of the task as time progresses.
6. Using Multiple Methods: One of the best ways to combine different methods of gamification is to use them simultaneously. This can be done by awarding points for completing a task, while also requiring the user to complete a challenge or complete a set amount of tasks in a given amount of time.