Fun Activities for English Class in Kindergarten
Every kindergarten student loves learning new things, and English class is no exception! Here are a few fun activities to keep your students engaged and learning while having a lot of fun!
- Storytelling: Have your students come up with a story together, or make them take turns telling a story to the class. This is a great way to introduce new vocabulary and develop fluency in the language.
- Shakespeare: Have your students read one of Shakespeare’s plays together, or get them to act out one of the scenes. This will help them improve their communication and dramatic skills, as well as their knowledge of Shakespeare’s work.
- Crossword Puzzle: This is a great way to practice vocabulary and logic skills. Have your students work together to solve a crossword puzzle, or make one student solve the puzzle and the rest of the class try to guess the words.
- Word Search: This is a great way to practice vocabulary and understand grammar. Get the students to work together to find all of the words in a crossword or word search puzzle.
- Storytelling Card Game: This is a great way to practice vocabulary and comprehension. Have the students tell a story using cards, and then tell them to try to follow the story while playing the card game.
- Grammar Quiz: This is a great way to review grammar rules. Have the students take a quiz on a specific grammar rule, or have them try to answer a series of questions on a particular grammar topic.
- Spelling Olympics: This is a great way to practice spelling skills. Have the students compete in a spelling Olympics, or make them try to spell a specific word as quickly as possible.
- Word Match: This is a great way to practice vocabulary and understand grammar. Get the students to work together to find words that match a specific definition.