2023 Best Colleges and Universities in Florida
Florida is known for a strong university system, with excellent four-year colleges located throughout the state. The schools listed here represent a wide range of choices and opportunities. As an added plus, students get to enjoy clear skies and sunny weather.
Here are the best colleges and universities in Florida in 2022.
- The University of Florida. This school boasts a classic campus and top-notch academics. You’ll find students here to be motivated and ambitious! And of course, the school’s athletic program is well-known.
- The University of Miami. This school entices students with its proximity to the beaches of the Florida Keys and to the cultural center of bustling Miami. In addition, it is a top-ranked research institution.
- Florida State University. With a freshman retention rate of 93% and six Nobel Laureate faculty members, this school’s academics stand apart. The college offers a myriad of opportunities with 160 undergraduate degrees and academic advisors to guide students on the right path.
- The University of South Florida. A diverse student population makes this a great pick for international students. 90% of graduates have a job within two years of graduation, making this school an excellent investment.
- Florida Institute of Technology. Founded as a school for students entering the space industry, Florida Tech now offers a diverse range of science, engineering, and liberal arts programs. Its proximity to popular beaches is an added draw.
- The University of Central Florida. This Orlando school ranks near the top in the nation for research and for community engagement. It also boasts some unusual majors, like integrated business and medical laboratory science.
- Florida International University. This is one of the top grantors of degrees to the Hispanic students, with a 60% Hispanic student population. Diversity, athletics, and an attractive and fun campus make this Miami university a great choice.
- New College of Florida. This small school in Sarasota stands out for its robust liberal arts program and it’s 10:1 student-faculty ratio, ensuring that each student receives a highly personalized education. It has been identified as an “honors college for the liberal arts.”
- Nova Southeastern University. This school prides itself on innovative curriculum and creative uses of technology to support student learning. Its unique Dual Admission program allows students to lock in a graduate program when they are accepted as an undergrad.
- The Baptist College of Florida. This small private school allows students to combine religious education with preparation for their career paths. Courses are taught from a Christian perspective.
No matter what kind of school you’re looking for, you can easily find it in sunny Florida.
Click here to learn more about the ranking methodology that we used to compile this list.
Congratulations! If you represent a college or university that is included in this list, please collect your seal below.