13 Must-Have Virtual Science Lab Apps, Tools & Resources
Scientific laboratory courses in most schools suffer from a lack of space and funding needed to provide materials for each student. Even in college level classes, most students experience labs as a viewing only experience, which is crowded and does not allow for student engagement. Various high schools and colleges are turning to virtual science labs to help replace and improve this typical lab experience
Virtual science labs are the way of the future, as more and more technology is brought into the classroom. They can be incredibly supportive of the current teaching methodology if combined with proper preparation and structure. To get educators started, we have compiled a list of 13 tools, apps, and resources that allow students to conduct science experiments and investigations virtually.
- Project Noah– Provides teachers with hands-on experiments for their students to conduct.
- Prepmagic– Provides students with science simulations that promote learning.
- Mystery Science– Well thought out science curriculum and experiments.
- Science Buddies– Provides help for students conducting science experiments.
- Exploratorium– A comprehensive resource for people looking for help with science projects and experiments.
- Codecademy– The site contains a large cache of science simulations.
- Frog Dissection– Frog dissecting, can now be done virtually. Featuring step-by-step instructions, there is plenty of in-depth information on each of the frog’s organs including anatomical comparisons to human organs.
- Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe– This app includes 10 interactive experiments and video segments to help students study our universe.
- iCell App– Studying the cell became easier with this 3-D cell app. Students can view the cell structures and dynamics for plants, animals, and bacteria.
- Edheads– Awe inspiring simulations deliver superb science content.
- PhET Interactive Simulations– Large repository of science and math simulations.
- Happy Little Farmer– Helps students learn the life cycle of plants by allowing them to grow their own plants.
- Frog Dissection– Allows students to participate in a virtual dissection of a frog.
Did we miss any?
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
[…] Virtual Labs Exploring Virtual Science Labs Making Science Labs Available to Online Students 13 Must Have Virtual Lab Apps […]
[…] 13 Must have Virtual Science Lab Apps, Tools and Resources […]
[…] and Virtual Labs – Open Educational Resources – Library Guides at Colorado School of Mines. 13 Must-Have Virtual Science Lab Apps, Tools & Resources. Scientific laboratory courses in most schools suffer from a lack of space and funding needed to […]