2023 Largest Colleges and Universities in America
Like the average American, I like to Google random things. Today while I was researching higher education, I began to wonder what the largest colleges and universities in America were, and this is what I found out.
- Texas A&M University – College Station – Formerly known as Texas Agricultural & Mechanical College, this school educates nearly 67,580 students in College Station. A&M is a public research school known for its veterinary medicine, but it also has highly respected programs in business, education, and engineering. The school placed 66th in the nation. A&M has also established a campus in Qatar. In-state tuition and fees are $10,968 annually. This university boasts a student satisfaction score of 69.33%
- The University of Central Florida – This Orlando school ranks near the top in the nation for research and community engagement. It also boasts some unusual majors, like integrated business and medical laboratory science. It is the largest college or university in American, with 66,183 students.
- Ohio State University – Columbus -With a student enrollment of nearly 59,837 undergraduate students and almost half a million alumni, it’s clear that OSU is a favorite school for many. OSU offers more degrees and programs of study than any other institution of higher education in Ohio. The school is recognized for its undergraduate teaching. The acceptance rate here is 48%. The academics are rigorous, but there’s plenty of opportunity for entertainment as well. Tuition and fees run $10,726 each year.
- Florida International University -This is one of the top grantors of degrees to the Hispanic students, with a 60% Hispanic student population. Diversity, athletics, and an attractive and fun campus make this Miami University a great Has a total student population of 56,851.
- The University of Florida– This school boasts a classic campus and top-notch academics. You’ll find students here to be motivated and ambitious! And of course, the school’s athletic program is well-known. UF has a total student population of 52,699.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities – Referred to as The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities is a state-sponsored research university in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN. The school is the largest and oldest within the University of Minnesota system, and boasts the sixth largest main campus student body in America, with 51,848 students. Because of this, it is the flagship of the entire University of Minnesota system and is comprised of 19 colleges and schools
- University of Texas – Austin – More than 51,525 students have chosen to attend the university. This campus is in the heart of the state’s capital, where music and technology merge to create a vibrant scene. UTA, as it is known, has 18 colleges within the system, and the school is known for business, nursing, and engineering. Students can choose from more than 900 clubs and organizations to round out their college experiences. This university has a 36% acceptance rate. The annual in-state tuition and fees are $10,606.
- Arizona State University – is an urban public research university comprised of five campuses in and around the Phoneix metro area and four regional campuses throughout Arizona. In 2018, the S. News and World Report awarded ASU with the title of the most innovative school in America for the third year in a row. It has 51,164 undergraduate students.