Back-to-School Resources for Parents
Here are some back-to-school resources for parents:
- Get organized with a back-to-school planner.
- Invest in new back-to-school supplies like pencils, notebooks, and binders.
- Make a list of school rules and expectations.
- Make a list of helpful phone numbers for your child’s school.
- Check your child’s immunization record.
- Get to know your child’s teachers.
- Take a family photo to commemorate the start of the school year.
- Organize your child’s backpack with labeled folders for school supplies, homework, and personal items.
- Set up a schedule for homework and offer help if your child needs it.
- Encourage your child to get along with his or her classmates and participate in extracurricular activities.
- Set up an allowance and make sure your child knows how to use it to purchase necessary supplies.