10 Signs of Codependent Parent and How To Heal From Codependency
Codependent relationships are characterized by an excessive need to be needed by another person, typically a partner or parent. While it can be difficult to break free from codependency, there are some telltale signs you might be struggling with the disorder. \
Here are 10 signs that you might be codependent:
1. You find it hard to let go of someone or something you’re attached to.
2. You feel a need to control or manage your partner or parent.
3. You find it hard to make decisions without their input.
4. You feel guilty or ashamed of your dependency.
5. You find it hard to forgive yourself for your past mistakes.
6. You find it hard to express your own feelings.
7. You find it hard to set boundaries with your partner or parent.
8. You find it hard to express your needs.
9. You find it hard to let go of your past.
10. You find it hard to communicate with your partner or parent.
If you’re struggling with codependency, it’s important to seek professional help. There are many treatment options available, including individual therapy, group therapy, couples therapy, and family counseling.