10 Powerful Community-Building Ideas
By now, most of us are well aware of the importance of community in education. But what does that mean in practice? Here are 10 powerful strategies for building community in your classroom:
1.Encourage students to get involved in classroom activities and share their thoughts and ideas.
2. Help students find their place in the classroom community and develop relationships with their classmates.
3. Foster a sense of community by hosting school-wide events such as a talent show or bake sale.
4. Encourage students to get involved in extracurricular activities like sports teams or clubs.
5. Help students develop a personal learning plan and keep track of their progress.
6. Advocate for students by working with educators to create a positive classroom culture.
7. Encourage students to take ownership of their learning by setting goals and working towards them.
8. Help students develop a positive attitude towards learning by setting high expectations and demonstrating positive reinforcement.
9. Encourage students to ask questions and seek clarification when they don’t understand something.
10. Help students to develop a sense of responsibility for their own learning by setting deadlines and providing feedback.