10 Best Paper Cutters for Teachers
Ready to upgrade your school paper cutter? While paper cutters are simple tools, they’re incredibly versatile and often necessary to have. So, what are the best cutters for teachers, and how to choose the right one for you?
The Best Paper Cutters for Teachers
- Best Paper Cutter For Teachers Overall: Swingline ClassicCut LiteBest Overall—Runner-Up: Fiskars Recycled Bypass Trimmer
- Best Stack Cutter: HFS (R) Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
- MARIGOLD Paper Cutter Corner Puncher – the Best Multi-Tasker Cutter
- Best Portable Paper Cutter: Fiskars SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
- Best Paper Cutter for Angles: Jielisi 12-Inch Paper Cutter
- Best Paper Cutter For the Staff Room: X-ACTO 24×24 Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer
- Best Rotary Paper Cutter: CARL Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Best Rotary Cutter—Runner Up: Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer
- Best Bargain Rotary Cutter: CARL 12-inch Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer
Finger Guards for Guillotine-Style Cutters
Accidents happen quite often, especially with paper cutters. If you aren’t careful enough, you could end up with a nasty injury. It doesn’t matter if you plan to use the paper cutter yourself or let students use it too; it’s necessary to buy a cutter with a finger guard. This prevents unnecessary and unwanted accidents. If you’re buying a guillotine-style paper cutter, it must have a finger guard. This keeps users safe and reduces the possibility of an accident happening.
The Overall Size
Paper cutters vary in size. Some are small, large, and somewhere in-between. While you don’t always think about it, the size does matter. It will determine where it can be stored. For example, you have limited space in class. So, a large paper cutter might not be as suitable because there just simply isn’t any room for it. On the other hand, a smaller or medium-sized paper cutter would fit nicely at the back of the room.
While you might not think too much about it, you should consider buying a paper cutter appropriate for the space available.
While you probably have purchased the paper cutter for your classroom only, it’s likely to be needed elsewhere. You might want or need to take the cutter home with you, so it’s necessary to consider the portability. For example, you plan to share the cutter between two classrooms, and will be taken home on occasions as well. The paper cutter needs to be light enough and easy to transport. So, a lighter cutter is probably what you need, rather than a heavy one that’s too difficult to move.
Cheap or poorly made paper cutters are a hazard to all. It isn’t safe to use and can pose a serious risk for the students in your class too. So, you need to invest in a quality paper cutter. It does make all the difference because it’s likely to be easier to use and safer.
Blade Safety Latch
As said, it’s easy to have an accident with a paper cutter. So, it’s necessary to buy a tool with a blade latch. This is an important safety feature, especially when you’re going to be using the cutter in class. You don’t want any student to have an accident (or yourself, of course). So, it is necessary to be cautious when buying a paper cutter.