Fun Goal-Setting Activities for Middle School Students
There are many fun goal-setting activities for middle school students to enjoy. Whether you’re looking to help your students set goals that are achievable and exciting, or create a fun atmosphere, here are 5 great options:
- Give them a goal to work towards and provide a range of examples of how they could complete it. This can help them to understand what they need to do and where they stand and create a sense of urgency.
- Make goals specific and measurable. This will help your students to understand what they need to achieve to meet their goals and help to create a sense of ownership.
- Encourage them to take risks and not be afraid to do so with their goals. This will help them to see their goals as something to be cherished rather than just a means to an end.
- Help them to celebrate their goals when they reach them. This can help to give your students a sense of accomplishment and bragging rights. In addition, celebrating their goals can help keep them motivated and focused on their projects.
- Create a customizable vision board with your students at the start of the school year. This is a creative activity for the students to think about what they want for themselves in the upcoming school year. You can create physical boards in class or an excellent lesson plan for a digital vision board template.
- Create goal maps that address the student’s goals, how to get there, and any roadblocks they may face. Talk to them about meaningful goals and realistic goals. It’s helpful to have the students create a timeline of when they want to achieve their goals.