100 Report Card And Progress Report Comments That Teachers Can Use Today
Having difficulty with writing positive and constructive feedback on student report cards and progress reports? Use our ideas.
- The learner takes an active role in discussions.
- Learner consistently cooperates with the teacher and other students.
- Learner listens well and shares ideas frequently.
- The learner works democratically with peers.
- Learner shows self-confidence in…
- The learner works well in groups, planning and carrying out activities.
- Learner follows directions well.
- The learner is an enthusiastic learner who enjoys school.
- Learner tackles new challenges with a positive attitude.
- The learner has a positive attitude about school.
- Learner consistently makes good choices during the school day.
- Learner shows respect for peers and teachers.
- Learner transitions easily between classroom activities and is not a distraction to others.
- The learner is sensitive to the thoughts and opinions of others.
- The learner is a leader and positive role model for students.
- The learner is enthusiastic about participating.
- The learner takes an active part in discussions about (topic).
- Learner speaks with confidence.
- Learner volunteers often.
- The learner has a great sense of humor and enjoys our class assignments.
- The learner has difficulty staying focused and on task. · Needs to actively participate in classroom discussion.
- The learner needs to work on not distracting others during class.
- The learner is learning to be careful, cooperative, and fair.
- The learner needs to work on…
- One area for improvement is…
- The learner is eager to participate in class but needs to raise their hand.
- The learner is becoming more independent when completing class assignments.
- The learner needs frequent reminders to stay focused throughout the day.
- Learner, when motivated, does well on class assignments.
- The learner needs to work on following written and oral directions.
- Needs to actively participate in classroom discussions.
- The learner has frequent absences that are affecting (name’s) schoolwork.
- The learner needs to work on treating others with respect.
- The learner needs to work on completing homework assignments on time.
- Learner frequently comes to class unprepared.
- Learner often seems tired at school.
- The learner gets upset quickly when (topic).
- Although _____________’s growth in social skills and maturity is continuing, it is not consistent.
- _______ continues to make progress this year concerning their attitude in the classroom and on the playground.
Time Management/Work Habits
- The learner uses class time wisely.
- The learner is a self-motivated student.
- Learner completes work on time.
- The learner is very organized.
- Learner demonstrates problem-solving skills and is persistent.
- The learner has done a great job facing and overcoming significant challenges this year.
- The learner is very responsible and turns in work on time.
- The learner is flexible and adapts to changes quickly.
- The learner has made improvements in the area of…
- The learner has strengthened their skills in…
- The learner does not complete assignments on time. Seems unable to finish.
- The learner is encouraged to use time wisely to finish tasks in the time required.
- Learner struggles to stay organized and find appropriate materials (paper/pencil).
- The learner needs to slow down to improve the quality of their work.
- The learner is not working to their full potential.
- The learner is easily distracted.
- The learner needs to listen and follow directions more carefully.
- The learner needs more opportunities to…
- Learner grades are suffering because of missed assignments.
- The learner would benefit from…
- The learner has demonstrated excellent progress this year.
- The learner is learning how to be a better listener and takes direction well.
- The learner has worked very hard this year and has made substantial gains in the area of ______.
- The learner has shown significant improvement with ______.
- The learner is progressing nicely and shows consistent improvement in many areas of schoolwork, including ______.
- The learner is learning to be cooperative when working in groups.
- The learner is developing more positive ways to interact with others.
- The learner is listening to directions more carefully.
- The learner has continued to make steady progress with…
- The learner has shown noticeable improvement in…
General Subject Area Comments
- The learner has good reading and decoding skills.
- The learner is reading well at level…
- The learner uses reading strategies to increase their reading comprehension.
- The learner is reading smoothly and with good expression.
- Learner struggles with reading comprehension.
- The learner needs to read for 15 minutes each night.
- The learner is choosing books that are too simple for their level.
- The learner has difficulty using reading strategies to decode new words.
- The learner needs to learn essential sight words to improve decoding skills.
- The learner needs to build reading vocabulary.
- The learner uses various strategies to solve one- and two-step word problems.
- Learner demonstrates a good understanding of math concepts.
- Learner demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- The learner has strengthened their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The learner has difficulty understanding/solving word problems.
- The learner understands skills and strategies but has a difficult time explaining processes.
- The learner would benefit from memorizing math facts.
- The learner has difficulty solving multi-step problems.
- The learner needs to slow down and check work.
- Learner memorizing basic math facts would be helpful to…
- The learner is willing to learn new writing skills and quickly applies these skills within their writing.
- The learner understands and applies the correct use of punctuation within the writing.
- Learner writing is clear and follows grammar and punctuation rules.
- Learner enjoys writing stories and can construct unique and exciting sentences.
- The learner can create precise and compelling writing that is interesting to read and easy to comprehend.
- The learner has shown significant improvement with their writing skills and consistently increases their writing comprehension and techniques.
- The learner has difficulty writing clear and understandable sentences.
- Learner words are often misplaced throughout their writing.
- Learner frequently displays grammatical errors within their writing.
- The learner needs to slow down and review their writing.