Teaching Students About Lance Gross
Lance Gross, an American actor, model, and photographer, has not only made a significant impact on the entertainment industry but also serves as an inspiring figure for many aspiring talents. Though primarily known for his role in the television series, ‘House of Payne,’ Gross’s life and accomplishments offer valuable lessons for students. In this article, we will discuss how educators can teach students about Lance Gross to inspire them and broaden their understanding of the entertainment industry.
1. Early Life: Start by introducing the students to the early life of Lance Gross. Born on July 8, 1981, in Oakland, California, he grew up in a middle-class family and was an athletic child who developed an interest in acting at a young age.
2. Education: Educate your students about Lance Gross’s education. Highlight how he pursued a degree in theater from Howard University and attended the prestigious Tasha Smith Acting Studio in Atlanta. Through these experiences, he gained valuable knowledge and honed his craft in acting.
3. Acting Breakthrough: Explain to your students how Lance Gross attended several auditions and ultimately landed his breakthrough role as Calvin Payne in the television series ‘House of Payne.’ Since then, he has appeared in films such as ‘Our Family Wedding’, ‘Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor,’ and ‘Deuces’ among many others.
Lessons from Lance Gross’s Career
1. Perseverance and Passion: One critical lesson that students can learn from Lance Gross’s career is the importance of perseverance to achieve your goals. Despite facing numerous challenges along his journey, including rejections and setbacks, he passionately pursued his dream with unwavering conviction.
2. Education and Training: Emphasize how essential it is for aspiring artists to continually educate themselves and acquire new skills to excel in their careers. Lance Gross invests time and effort into honing his skills, which is one of the main reasons he has become a successful artist.
3. The Importance of Networking: Share with your students how Lance Gross’s career illustrates the power of networking. The entertainment industry thrives on connections, and it was through his relationships that he landed many of his roles.
Photography and Entrepreneurship
Educate your students about Lance Gross’s ventures beyond acting. His love for photography led to the establishment of his own photography studio, and he has now become an accomplished photographer who works with high-profile clients. This aspect of his career teaches students about the importance of diversification and following their various passions.
Lance Gross understands the importance of giving back to society and actively engages in various philanthropic endeavors. Use his example to teach students about social responsibility and encourage them to participate in community initiatives.