Professional Organizations That Support Minorities in STEM
Many professional organizations support minorities in STEM fields. These organizations work to encourage and support minorities in STEM fields and help to develop and promote diversity in these fields.
- The National Council of Negro Women (NCNW): It is the nation’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to advancing the status of African-American women and girls.
- The National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA): It is the largest Hispanic medical association in the United States. The NHMA’s mission is to improve Hispanic Americans’ health and create a better future for Latino children.
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP): It is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization. The NAACP’s mission is to ensure all people’s full and equal rights, including freedom, justice, and equality for all.
- The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES): It is the largest organization of Native American scientists and engineers in the United States. The AISES’s mission is to promote excellence in Indian science and engineering and to advance the understanding and appreciation of Indian cultures and heritage.
- The National Coalition of Organizations of Black Scientists and Engineers (NCOBSE): It is the nation’s largest coalition of organizations representing black scientists and engineers. The NCOBSE’s mission is to increase the number of black scientists and engineers and promote black science and engineering advancement.