New Teachers: How to Talk to Parents
If you are a new teacher, one of your most important tasks is to develop a rapport with your student’s parents. This rapport is essential in building a strong foundation for your teaching career. Here are a few tips for talking to your student’s parents.
- Begin the conversation by saying hello and explaining how much you appreciate the role that parents play in their children’s education.
- Be honest and upfront about your expectations for the child’s education and why you believe it’s important.
- Discuss any concerns that the parents may have and how you will address them.
- Let the parents know that they can contact you any time they have questions or concerns.
- Establish a regular communication schedule. Make sure you and the parents are scheduled to talk regularly so that you can build a strong relationship.