Matific Awards More than $50,000 in Prizes to Schools, Classrooms, and Students
The top ten schools from the US Matific Math Games Competition will receive prizes ranging from $1,000 in Matific licenses to $15,000 cash
(New York, NY) March 5, 2018 –– Matific, an award-winning education technology company, is proud to announce the winners of the US Matific Math Games, a free, online math competition aimed at improving American students’ confidence and math skills in the classroom.
“Matific offers our hearty congratulations to the winners of the Matific Math Games Challenge, and we’d like to thank all of the participating schools for joining in this exciting competition,” said Kevin Sherman, Matific CEO. “Matific is a company committed to offering immersive math games to children around the world. With this competition, we hope students had the chance to find a new appreciation for math, and learn how excellent math skills can help them to accomplish larger goals in life.”
The top ten winning schools are as follows:
- First place, winner of $15,000: RCMA Wimauma Academy, Wimauma, Florida
- Also from RCMA Wimauma Academy are seven top-three classroom winners and two top-three student winners
- Second place, winner of $3,000: Rafting Creek Elementary School, Rembert, South Carolina
- Also from Rafting Creek Elementary is the 2nd place 4th grade classroom winner
- Third place, winner of $2,000: May Valley Elementary School, Martin, Kentucky
- Also from May Valley Elementary is the 1st place 2nd grade classroom winner and two top-three student winners
- Fourth through tenth place, winners of $1,000 each in Matific licenses: Corbett Preparatory School Of Ids (Carrollwood, Florida), Kelly Springs Elementary School (Dothan, Alabama), South Floyd Elementary School (Hi Hat, Kentucky), Len Lastinger Primary School (Tifton, Georgia), Plato Academy (Des Plaines, Illinois), Sydnor Jennings Elementary School (Nathalie, Virginia) and Waverly Yowell Elementary School (Madison, Virginia)
Matific takes a unique approach to teaching K–6 math, using hands-on and interactive mini-games that enable a blended learning approach in which teachers can select relevant episodes to integrate with hands-on math explorations in their classrooms. This process of guided self-discovery deepens students’ cognitive understanding, as well as their sense of personal achievement, and has also been shown to improve test scores by 34%.
During the US Matific Math Games, students completed Matific activities to earn stars (or points). The more activities students they completed, and the better they scored on those activities, the more stars they earned. Every student won at least one star per episode completed, with the potential to earn a maximum of five stars per activity. Each student also had the opportunity to replay each activity up to five times during the course of the competition, in an effort to improve their score.
A full list of winning schools, classrooms, and individual students can be found here.
Matific was developed by math professors and experts in early-age math education and games. Matific produces award-winning interactive online mini-games, or episodes, to reinforce the mathematical concepts taught by K–6 teachers. Matific’s mission is to proliferate high-quality math education worldwide, empower teachers and parents, make math intriguing, and open the gates to scientific thinking. Matific has hundreds of thousands of users worldwide, with 2.5 million episodes played each month. For more information, visit Matific.com.
PR with Panache!