Golden Rules for Engaging Students in Learning Activities
There are a number of “golden rules” for engaging students in learning activities.
1. Ensure the learning activity is interesting and engaging.
2. Be flexible with the learning activity and make it adaptable to the students’ needs.
3. Be patient with the students and give them time to understand the materials.
4. Avoid giving difficult or confusing instructions.
5. Encourage students to ask questions and offer feedback.
6. Be prepared to offer assistance to the students if they need it.
7. Be positive and supportive of the students’ efforts.
8. Take care to create a comfortable and safe environment for the students.