Getting Critical About Critical Thinking
Critical thinking is the process of examining and critically appraising information and ideas to determine whether they are valid, reliable, and meaningful.
Successfully teaching critical thinking in schools is critical to success. By following these five points, teachers can help students develop critical thinking skills while teaching the concepts of critical thinking.
- Start with the basics. Upon learning the basics of critical thinking, students will be better equipped to think critically.
- Explain the process. Teaching the process of critical thinking will help students understand how to think critically and how to evaluate information.
- Encourage critical thinking in students. Encouraging critical thinking in students will help them develop the skills needed to think critically and make informed decisions.
- Encourage critical thinking in teachers. Teachers who are skilled in critical thinking will be better equipped to teach critical thinking to their students.
- Use examples. Use examples to illustrate the skills required for critical thinking.
Critical Thinking should be taught in a clear and concise manner. It should be used in a positive way. It should be used constructively and should be used in a safe and healthy environment. It should be taught in a way that will encourage students to practice it.