Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi Review 2023
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi has long been a popular choice among Costco members looking for a valuable and user-friendly credit card. This comprehensive review for 2023 will delve into the card’s features, benefits, and potential drawbacks to help you determine if it’s the right fit for your lifestyle and spending habits.
1. No annual fee with Costco membership
2. Generous cashback rewards on gas, dining, and travel
3. Additional perks such as travel protection and purchase protection
I. Reward Structure:
– 4% cashback on eligible gas purchases (up to $7,000 per year)
– 3% cashback on eligible dining and travel expenses
– 2% cashback on Costco and Costco.com purchases
– 1% cashback on all other purchases
II. Introductory Offers:
– As of 2023, there are no active introductory offers for this card.
III. Fees & APR:
– No annual fee (Costco membership required)
– Variable APR: 16.49% (as of January 2023)
– Balance transfer fee: $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
– Cash advance fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
– Foreign transaction fee: None
IV. Additional Perks:
With the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi, cardholders also enjoy various additional perks like:
– Worldwide travel accident insurance
– Worldwide car rental insurance
– Roadside assistance dispatch
– Travel and emergency assistance services
Overall, the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi is an appealing credit card primarily for frequent Costco shoppers and those who spend a considerable amount on gas, dining, and travel expenses. The generous cashback rewards and absence of a foreign transaction fee make it attractive for cardholders seeking to maximize their spending power with minimal fees.
However, it’s important to consider that the card requires an active Costco membership, and its reward rates may not be as competitive for those whose spending habits primarily lie outside the card’s applauded categories. As always, it’s crucial to evaluate your personal financial situation and spending patterns before deciding on a credit card that best suits your needs.