A Guide to Choral Reading
Reading aloud is an important part of the choir experience. Not only does it build communication and musicality skills, but it also encourages a sense of community. When done correctly, reading can be a beautiful experience.
Here are a few tips to make your reading experience as enjoyable as possible:
1. Choose a favorite book or piece of music to perform.
2. Warm up your voice before beginning.
3. Be patient. It can take some time to get into the rhythm of a piece.
4. Use your voice to create a character and tell the story.
5. Use your body to help amplify the sound of your voice.
6. Use your hands to help keep the rhythm and keep your audience engaged.
7. Be aware of your energy and how it may be affecting your reading.
8. Take care of your voice- it’s a precious instrument.