8 Activities for Students (and Teachers) to Create a Mindful Classroom
With a little bit of effort, you can create a classroom that is both mindful and engaging for your students. This is a great way to promote learning and help students develop a positive attitude toward school.
Below are 8 activities that can help create a mindful classroom.
- Have students focus on their breath for a few minutes daily. Introduce mindfulness in the classroom by explaining what it is and why it is important.
- Have students share how they are feeling (both physically and emotionally) right before and after class. Encourage students to practice mindfulness in their free time.
- Have students do a Mindful Journal. Organize mindfulness activities for the school year.
- Have students take a mindfulness meditation class.
- Have students create a mindfulness list of things to focus on during class.
- Have students take a mindfulness break after every few minutes of class.
- Monitor student mindful behavior and provide feedback.
- Have students share how mindfulness has helped them in school or at home and provide feedback and appreciation. Celebrate progress and successes with mindful teachers.