25 Creative Acorn Crafts for Preschoolers
Acorns are a treasure trove of possibilities for preschoolers. Not only are they fun for little hands to explore and collect, but they also provide an excellent opportunity for creative crafting. With a few simple materials and some imagination, acorns can be transformed into a variety of fun and interesting arts & crafts projects. From adorable decorations to imaginative toys, here are 25 creative acorn crafts for preschoolers.
1. Acorn Necklaces – String together a variety of acorns to make a unique necklace. Use a hole-punch to create a hole in the top of each acorn, then thread a piece of string or yarn through.
2. Acorn Owls – Transform acorns into an adorable owls by gluing a pair of googly eyes, a triangle beak, and some feathers onto the top of the acorn.
3. Acorn Fairies – Make a magical fairy by attaching a stick to the top of an acorn and wrapping it in tulle or other fabric. Add a few accessories such as wings, a wand, and a sparkly headband to complete the look.
4. Acorn Animals – Create a wide variety of animals by gluing pieces of felt, plastic eyes, and other small details onto an acorn.
5. Acorn Suncatchers – Glue colorful tissue paper onto the flat side of an acorn and hang it in a sunny window.
6. Acorn Picture Frames – Glue a frame around the outside of an acorn and insert a photo of your preschooler for a special keepsake.
7. Acorn Memory Game – Paint different colors on each side of an acorn and have your preschooler match the colors to create a fun memory game.
8. Acorn Wind Chimes – String together a variety of acorns to create a pretty wind chime.
9. Acorn People – Transform acorns into little people by attaching clothes and accessories with glue or tape.
10. Acorn Monsters – Create a fun monster by gluing googly eyes and other details onto a large acorn.
11. Acorn Planters – Place an acorn in a pot of dirt and let your preschooler watch it sprout into a plant.
12. Acorn Christmas Tree – Glue acorns onto a paper cone to create a fun and colorful Christmas tree.
13. Acorn Soup – Have your preschooler collect a variety of acorns and then add them to a pot of boiling water. Let the acorns simmer and then strain off the water for a delicious and nutritious soup.
14. Acorn Puzzles – Cut and glue acorns onto cardstock to create a fun puzzle for your preschooler to solve.
15. Acorn Paintings – Have your preschooler use acorns dipped in paint to create a unique piece of artwork.
16. Acorn Wreaths – Create a festive wreath by gluing acorns in a circle onto a paper plate.
17. Acorn Maracas – Place a few small stones or beads inside an acorn and tie a piece of string to the top. Shake the acorn to create a fun maraca.
18. Acorn Letter Matching – Paint letters on one side of each acorn and have your preschooler match them up.
19. Acorn Magnets – Glue a small magnet to the flat side of an acorn and attach it to a metallic surface.
20. Acorn Trains – Glue several acorns together to create a fun train for your preschooler to play with.
21. Acorn Masks – Glue a few feathers and other details onto an acorn to create a fun and festive mask.
22. Acorn Stamps – Cut acorns in half and use the flat sides to stamp different patterns on paper.
23. Acorn Bookmarks – Glue a piece of ribbon or yarn onto the flat side of an acorn and use it to mark your place in a book.
24. Acorn Games – Create a game similar to tic-tac-toe by drawing a grid on paper and placing acorns on each square.
25. Acorn Ornaments – Glue small pieces of ribbon to the top of an acorn and hang it from your tree for a unique decoration.