2022 Best Mid-Atlantic Colleges and Universities
After doctoral school, I ended up landing a job at Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania as an Assistant Professor of Social Studies Education. While living in Pennsylvania, which is in the Mid-Atlantic portion of the U.S., I had a chance meet some of the most brilliant higher education professionals in the world. While researching this piece, I wasn’t surprised to find out that the Mid-Atlantic region is home to some of the best institutions of higher learning in the world. In this piece, we will discuss the best colleges and universities that the Mid-Atlantic area of the United States has to offer.
- Princeton University – Named the top school in the nation for 2022, Princeton was founded in 1746, making it one of the first institutions of higher education in America and home to the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- New York University – This university is the largest private school in the United States. Students seeking a degree in theatre and film attend the famous Tisch School of the Arts. NYU is a city school that thrives in the heart of Manhattan.
- Haverford College – Liberal arts college Haverford ranks 18th, and this school houses the most extensive collection of Quaker history although the school is no longer affiliated with the religious group. Haverford is recognized for its undergraduate teaching and is considered a best-value choice school.
- Fordham University – With campuses located throughout New York City, Fordham provides students with an authentic Big Apple experience. The most popular majors include Speech Communications and Rhetoric and Business Administration and Management.
- Rutgers University – Camden – . A great choice for veterans, a top public school, and a best value school, Rutgers also has an outstanding business program. Nursing and psychology are also popular majors.
- Bryn Mawr College – The college offers unique opportunities for co-ed activities. This school promotes intellectual inquiry and has a high number of students who pursue their doctorates. Bryn Mawr is known for its innovation, best-value, and best undergraduate teaching.
- Widener University – This school, which was once known as Pennsylvania Military College, now offers almost four dozen undergraduate programs, including a recognized engineering program and business program. The school values community service and challenging academics.
- Loyola University Maryland – If you’re looking for one of the best schools in the northern United States, this Jesuit school is ranked at #4. Loyola is well-known for its engineering and business programs, and it’s also considered a best-value school. There are three schools within this university: education, arts and sciences, and business and management.
Click here to learn more about the ranking methodology that we used to compile this list.
Congratulations! If you represent a college or university that is included in this list, please collect your seal below.