18 Strategies to Encourage Students to Be Prepared for Learning Experiences
Are you looking for strategies to encourage students to be prepared for learning experiences? If so, keep reading.
1. Ascertain why the learner is not ready for learning activities at a specific time.
2. Ask the learner why they are not ready for learning activities at a specific time. The learner may have the most accurate perception as to why they are not ready for learning activities at a specific time.
3. Assist the learner in understanding that it is permissible to leave work unfinished and return to it at a later time.
4. Get the learner to document their attendance at the end of each learning experience.
5. Ascertain if there are aspects of learning activities that the learner dislikes. Remove, lessen, or modify the unpleasant aspects of learning activities to urge the learner to be ready for and take part in learning activities.
6. Make the learner responsible for time missed (e.g., if the learner misses five minutes of a learning experience, they must make up the time during recess, lunch, or other desired learning activities ).
7. Give the learner a schedule of daily activities so that they will know what learning activities to attend and their times.
8. Make sure that the learner is successful in school-related and social learning activities. The learner will be more likely to be ready for learning activities in which they experience success.
9. Provide the learner a schedule of classes that must be signed by every instructor to document their promptness.
10. Make sure that other students do not make it unpleasant for the learner to attend learning activities.
11. Make sure the learner has all the appropriate learning materials for learning activities.
12. Record promptness with the learner.
13. Begin learning activities with a task that is highly reinforcing to the learner.
14. Assess appropriateness of the level of difficulty of tasks in comparison with the learner’s capacity and ability.
15. Give the learner many chances for high interest learning activities as possible.
16. Give the learner academic learning activities in the most attractive manner possible.
17. Make the learner a leader of the learning experience or group.
18. Consider using an education app to help the student sharpen their organizational skills. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.