16 Genius Ways to Teach Kids to Take Notes During Class
Are you looking for genius ways to teach students to take notes during class? If so, keep reading.
1. Show information in short segments for the learner to take notes. As the learner experiences success, slowly increase the length of the segments that are presented.
3. Make sure the learner has all the learning materials appropriate for note-taking (e.g., paper, pencil, pen, etc.).
4. Make sure the learner uses any appropriate aids to enable note-taking (e.g., eyeglasses, hearing aid, etc.).
5. Put the learner next to a peer so the learner can copy the notes taken by the peer.
6. Make sure the learner has sufficient surface space on which to write when taking notes (e.g., uncluttered desktop).
8. Show the information in the most exciting manner possible.
9. Get the learner to record instructions and lectures as an alternative to written note-taking.
10. Summarize the main points of instructions and lectures for the learner.
11. Show instructions following the (1) What, (2) How, (3) Learning materials, and (4) On occasions where outline.
12. Provide visibility to and from the learner when delivering instructions and lectures to enable the learner’s success in note-taking.
13. Get the learner to take notes following the “What, How, Learning materials, and On occasions where” format when instructions are being given.
14. Get the learner to listen and take notes for “Who, What, Where, On occasions where, How, and Why” when ideas are presented.
15. Show ideas following the (1) Who, (2) What, (3) Where, (4) On occasions where, (5) How, and (6) Why outline.
16. Consider providing the student with a notetaking app. Click here to view a list of the best of the best notetaking apps.