2018 Best Colleges and Universities in Indiana
The “Hoosier” state is noted for high-quality academics. Accessible cost and a vibrant social and athletic scene make this state even more appealing for students.
Here are the top 10 colleges and universities in Indiana in 2018.
- Butler University. Caring professors and a close-knit community of students are among the many things that make the “Butler Way” a top choice. For plenty of personal attention and a small student-teacher ratio, Butler is an excellent option.
- Taylor University is a conservative Christian school that prides itself on preparing students for ministry. There are a multitude of athletic and social events, including a popular film festival. With a supportive, home-like atmosphere, college dorms here rank #25 in the nation.
- The University of Evansville. Academics at this private college rank near the top not only in Indiana but in the nation. It is renowned for engineering, poetry, and many other disciplines. The academic atmosphere is challenging but supportive.
- Saint Mary’s College. This private, Catholic women’s college is known for a strong sense of community and a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. The supportive environment is ideal for helping young women find their unique voice in the world.
- The University of Notre Dame is a private Catholic school just 100 miles away from Chicago. A strong athletic program (especially football!) are among the many things that make students’ experience here exceptional.
- Purdue University is a large flagship university whose focus is agriculture and STEM. It offers at least 275 degree programs, most notably in Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine. Freshman retention rate averages 92%.
- Indiana University at Bloomington prides itself on a diverse student population and a vast choice of undergraduate degrees. 94% of students are employed within two years of graduation. As the largest college in the university system, it comprises 17 colleges and about 650 degree programs.
- Depauw University offers a close-knit community within the small, rural town of Greencastle. Although best known for its communication and social sciences programs, Depauw also has many offerings for technology-minded students.
- Wabash College. One of only three men’s colleges in the entire nation, Wabash is consistently ranked among the top liberal arts schools in the US. A requirement of comprehensive exams for earning a degree ensures that students have learned all course materials.
- Hanover College emphasizes rigor, diversity, and service as part of its mission. A collaborative spirit between students and faculty make it stand out. Popular majors include Psychology and Communications.
No matter what your dreams and goals may be, you can find the perfect college or university for you in the Hoosier State.
Click here to learn more about the ranking methodology that we used to compile this list.
Congratulations! If you represent a college or university that is included in this list, please collect your seal below.